Science and Technology Parks and Incubators
A Science and Technology Park is an organisation managed by specialised professionals whose main aim is to increase the wealth of its community by promoting the culture of innovation and the competitiveness of its associated businesses and knowledge-based institutions.
To reach these goals, a Science and Technology Park stimulates and manages the flow of knowledge and technology amongst universities, R&D institutions, companies and markets. It also facilitates the creation and growth of innovation based companies through incubation and spin-off processes and provides other value-added services together with high quality space and facilities.
The main strategic objectives of Science and Technology Parks can be summarised as:
- Support economic growth, government service delivery, and quality of life;
- Improve the competitiveness of the local economy, in particular a set of identified sectors;
- Improve the efficiency of the governments in delivering supportive contributions and services;
- Improve the livelihood and quality of life of citizens;
- Improve internal efficiency of organisations;
- Improve external or environmental efficiencies;
- Create new local value or knowledge chains;
- Use government expenditure to create demand for innovation;
- Commercialise government innovations;
- Use government demand to stimulate innovation;
- Establish alternative economic value chains in communities;
- Catalyse and commercialise community innovation.
There are a total of 42 Science and Technology Parks and 186 Incubators across the country. Further information of which can be found in their English Websites of couple of Iranian ST Parks below: