Internationalization: the Main Gate for Understanding the Paradigm Shift Worldwide

05 October 2019 | 00:00 Code : 50291 Press Release
visits:55

The deputies and directors of international cooperation of Iranian universities and research institutes had a meeting at the Babol Noshirvani University of Technology. In this meeting, Prof. Salar Amoli, the Acting Minister for International scientific Cooperation, emphasized on the importance of international scientific cooperation, and noted that the global paradigm is experiencing a shift from a linear to a complex paradigm, which requires accurate and correct understanding and analysis of our scientific society. A consequence of which also requires an adaptive and updated scientific policy, tools and incentives for internationalization of Iranian universities and research institutions.

He referred to internationalization as one of the 3 main macro-policies of MSRT, and named ‘holding joint venture research projects’, ‘exchange of academics and students’, ‘joint post-graduate supervisors’ and ‘short-term sabbatical leaves’ as main ways of expanding international scientific cooperation.

Today, Iran contributes to 2 percent of the world's science production, and access to the remaining 98 percent of the world's scientific output is solely based on our capabilities of internationalization. Considering the existing indigenous capacities in our young and smaller universities, and planning for their enhancement, can pay significant contribution to internationalization of our universities, Prof. Amoli noted.

In this meeting, Prof. Vaseghi, chancellor of the Babol Noshirvani University of Technology also referred to internationalisation as one of top priorities of his university.