1st Biennial International Conference of the Society of Iranian Archaeology: “Cultural Interactions, Continuity and Disruption”
Society of Iranian Archaeology (SOIA) has organized the 1st Biennial International Conference of the Society of Iranian Archaeology: “Cultural Interactions, Continuity and Disruption”, on 4-5 December 2019, at Tarbiat Modares University. This Conference is dedicated to gather archaeologists focusing on Iran as their major field of research and to discuss their most recent findings and interpretations of past Iranian societies.
Recent changes of socio-political perspectives in different parts of the world, especially in the Near East, have encouraged the organizers of the conference to dedicate it specifically to past cultural interactions within Iran and between Iran and surrounding regions. The conference call asks for the abstract submission for no longer than 21st May 2019, on the following topics:
- Internal developments and interactions within Iran
- Interactions between Iran, Caucasus and Anatolia
- Recent Archaeological Discoveries Across Iran
- Interactions within the Persian Gulf region
- Interactions between Iran and Indus valley
- Interactions between Iran and Central Asia
- Interactions between Iran and Mesopotamia
For further information on this conference, submission deadlines, etc. please click here.